Monday, April 4, 2011

Wolfpack Falls Short of Signing Shaka


Now I'm not as big of a basketball fan as most of the other guys on here, but my boy Pantydropper had me pumped for NC State bball this year telling me how we were going to be pretty good with some sick new recruits. Ya. Right. 15-16 and missing out on the NIT isn't exactly a blockbuster year. I'll never understand how you can be a big school and not get invited to one of the tournaments, like a third of the teams go. So if you got 30,000+ people going to your school, failing to get the NIT nod is pretty pathetic.

It was pretty obvious Sid the Kid and his fresh red jacket had to go, and go he went. Apparently the Wolfpack went after VCU's Shaka Smart, but to put a stamp on an already shitty year, Shaka turned down the offer to stay at VCU. That video is the reason why VCU went so far this year. Kids want to play for a coach like that. I would have loved for this guy to come to State, BUT I'm kind of happy he stayed at VCU. Guys a Ram through and through and you gotta respect that. I hate it when people sell out, so its always good to see a story like this where a guy who would be getting tons of high quality offers from big schools decides to stay at the small program and create his own tradition.

Now on to the the title game tonight. Anyone check out the bracket group we got on ESPN lately? Whats that? The Legend of Hellman is in first? Thats right bitches. Its all down to me and The Dreamweaver. I had Kansas winning it all, he has UCONN. They win, he wins, Butler wins, Fuzzy takes it home. Its a shame we didn't have money on this, so I'll just have to settle for the pride. Butler winning BIG tonight. You're my boy Blue II! You're my boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment