Thursday, February 17, 2011

North Korean craziness

So I was checking Newser today, which of course is a super awesome news website, and I came across this article about the North Korean government and how they are so broke that they can’t deliver on food that they promised their citizens, and actually got knockoff Rolex watches and Armani suits for their senior officials. Well…reading this reminded me of this really fucking trippy documentary I just watched on North Korea recently. First and foremost, if you have not heard of Vice Guide to Travel, I HIGHLY suggest checking it out if you have a taste for travel, international politics, or just current affairs. What sets it apart from say Nat Geo is that these guys are really cool down to earth bros that don’t follow the typical journalist formula. They have been described as CNN meets Jackass, always known to get pretty drunk and chain smoke on these crazy voyages. Their whole shtick is that they go to the places that you shouldn’t go, like North Korea, The Gun Markets of Pakistan, Liberia, Chernobyl all while interviewing terrorists, war lords, and all sorts of crazies from every corner of the world. So…where was I, North Korea. North Korea is hands down the craziest fucking country in the whole entire world and The Vice Guide to Travel’s episode on North Korea really details how fucked up of a place it is. I don’t know how to make this any more clear, watch this documentary if you want to learn about what is going on in this world all while having your mind blown. This is hands down one of the most interesting things I have ever seen in my life, and it has stuck with me ever since. I’m so glad to be from the Glorious U S of A. So repeat after me, USA! USA! USA!!!

Heres a trailer for the dvd

Forgot to mention...The Vice Guide to Travel can be streamed instantly if you got Netflix


http://www.newser.com/story/112184/kim-jong-ils-birthday-north-korean-leader-parties-as-broke-country-cant-afford-food-for-people.html


And here is an amazing nugget of awesome random knowledge…The PantyDroppers aunt actually worked in the Clinton Administration as a Special Advisor to the President, Secretary of State, and North Korea Policy Coordinator. She is a seriously influential woman who I’m betting will soon get a position in the Obama administration. So whether its protecting the world from North Korea or finding the newest hottest jams on the web, the PantyDropper family gets it

2 comments:

  1. JohnLocke,

    This was an enormously useful, entertaining insightful and fun post. Not only did it make my night/early morning, but I think I'm going to take your advice on everything you advised. 1. Will watch every episode of Vice Guide Traveler Show in the extremely near future. 2. Will cherish being from the U.S.A. more. 3. Will google ThePantyDropper's aunt.

    Seriously. Keep up the twa work,

    Ambrosia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright,

    Immediately googled Vice Traveler Guide after your posting and just watched the Liberia episode online... Here's a link: http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-vice-guide-to-liberia

    Easily. And I mean EASILY. The craziest reality television show I've ever seen. EASILY.

    Ambrosia.

    ReplyDelete