Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teams to look out for this WEEK!

Ahhh returnoftheNICK indeed! I will give you a crash course on teams that NO one is giving a chance in the bracket, and why they will shock the world, 02 Hampton status.
East Region sleeper
The Indiana State Sycamores
This is a team that truly confuses me. Earlier in the year, they went to Laramie, and lost to the Wyoming Cowboys 81-51! Yes a 30 point loss in Laramie to the 10-22 Cowboys! At first glimpse, I said the Cuse would run away with this game. Not so fast. This is a squad that reminds me somewhat of Ohio last Year.
They played Notre Dame to the wire, falling 81-72, as well as only losing by 13 to Purdue. Also, do not underestimate the Missouri Valley conference. This is the conference that produced the legends of Midwest (Northern Iowa) last year, and I have a weird feeling Indiana State is going to be that team that people do not even look at when they are picking their brackets.
Also, Syracuse has been prone to choke jobs in the first round. (Vermont, Bucknell), something tells me they will come out slow and the Sycamores will make it rain. Many people have the Orange going to the final four, including my man Jay Bilas. I just have a weird feeling about this game.
Inidana state 72 Syracuse 69
Although the Sycamors only shoot 36 percent from three, something just tells me the shots will fall.
One shining moment at its finest


WEST Region
In this region I do not see any "monumental' upsests. So I will not lie and make up a sqaud full of heroes. However, I do have my eye on Bucknell against Uconn. When UConn is off, they are off. However, anytime you have a player like Kemba, you are not going to lose. UCONN by 12
Northern Colorado can shoot the lights out, but SDSU is not a good matchup. AZTECS by 18

I think everyone already has the same feelings about Oakland. The inside-out combo of superstars Keith Bensen and Reggie Hamilton WILL take down the longhorns. However, it is a prediction that many people are making so I wont call it a shocker. I actually expect the longhorns to jump out by 8-10 early, but Keith "BENNY" and his jets will roar back and Reggie Hamilton cathces fire, along with Travis Bader, who has a ratchet similair to yours truly, shooting a whoping 46 percent from tre-land.
Keep in mind Oakland scores 86 POINTS PER GAME! Any team that can score like that can play with anybody, add this with the fact that Oakland played arguably the hardest OCS in the nation, and the Grizz will PWN!
Oakland 81 Texas 74


Southwest region
Now being a MAAC guy I know you all think that I will pick the Peacocks of St Peters. Wrong. Purdue is far to versatile for ST peters, although I do think this game will be closer than expected with the Peacock defense. Purdue will pull it off 62-45.
My sleeper here is, cue the song "I be choosing some head, choosing choosing MOREHEAD STATE!"
This squad WILL win against Louisville. As a trio of DFHS football anouncers used to say "PUT IT ON THE BOARD YES!
This is an interstate rival, and I really believe Morehead has the guns to pull this one off. For one reason. Kenneth Fairied. This legend is averaging 17.6 ppg, and 14.5 RPG (leads the nation). Also he has a complementary scorer in guard Demonte Harper who is putting up 16 PPG. I just do not think Louisville will be able to stop Fairied, who will be on a mission inside.
MSU does not really shoot the ball well, but they got that magic, I am telling you.
Morhead State 77 Louisville 66
Southeast Region
Now this is the region that has SOO many potential underdogs. 13 seeded Belmont is a popular pick, along w 12th seeded Utah State. Even some see Wofford stopping Jimmer. When push comes to shove, I only see Belmont winning. KSU is too much for UTSU, Jimmer is Jimmer and will not end his Sr. year to Wofford, and I, like most, is on the Belmont bandwagon. They are in the top 20 in the nation in both scoring offense and defense, they can shoot, defend and score. Wisconsin at their finest is a hell of a team. They are HUGE, and if they play their A game, they will beat the Bruins. I just think the Badgers are going to fall behind early. 3 of Belmonts 4 losses came to Tennesee (twice) and Vanderbilt. They lost at the buzzer to Tennesee, as well as by 9 to Tennesee, and by 9 to Vandy. They can play with the big boys, as well as shoot 38 percent from three.
Belmont 69 Wisco 67

Some other Bold Pics
Michigan State will make the Sweet 16
San Diego State will make the Final 4
Missouri will make the Sweet 16
Fairfield Stags win the NIT

These are the best 4 days in sports! Everyone enjoy!
NIIIIIIIIICK

No comments:

Post a Comment